Special Health Care Programs
AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio has special programs to help you get and stay healthy. You do not need a referral for any of these programs.
Adult Vision Program
AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio offers one additional eye exam every 12 months for adults ages 21 through 59 diagnosed with diabetes. This is in addition to the standard Medicaid benefit.
Adult Dental Program
AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio offers one additional cleaning and exam for adults ages 21 and older (some restrictions and limitations may apply). This is in addition to the standard Medicaid benefit.
Bright Start® program for pregnant members
The Bright Start program helps you stay healthy when you are pregnant and also helps you have a healthy baby. The Bright Start program gives you information about the importance of:
- Eating right
- Taking your prenatal vitamins
- Receiving medical care in a timely manner
- Staying away from drugs, alcohol, and smoking
- Visiting your dentist so you can keep your gums healthy
AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio will work with your providers to make sure you get the care you need. AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio also has information to help with other services, like:
- Food and clothes
- The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program
- Domestic abuse
- Home care
- Helping you understand your emotions, such as signs and symptoms of postpartum depression
Call Bright Start for more information toll free at 1-833-606-2727 (TTY 1- 833-889-6446). The care coordination staff are available to answer questions, provide educational materials, and work with you during your pregnancy.
You can access health and wellness advice from a nurse. To speak to a nurse, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-833-625-6446 (TTY 1-833-889-6446).
Living Beyond Your Pain Program
This chronic pain management program can help you improve your pain management skills through education and collaboration with health care providers. Through this program, AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio offers you pain management alternatives to opiates, which can lead to dependence and addiction. This includes 15 additional chiropractic and 30 acupuncture visits per year for members who do not qualify for the state benefit.
If you have recently been discharged from the hospital and meet the criteria, you can receive up to two meals per day, for up to seven days, once per year, at no cost.
What can these programs do for me?
These programs can help you learn more about your condition. They can help you manage your condition. They may help improve your quality of life.
A Care Manager will work with you to help manage your care. They will send you information about your condition. A Care Manager will also call you to find out how you are doing. They will help you to get program services.
How can I join one of these programs?
You can join any of these programs by any one of these ways:
- Log in to the member portal and go to Enroll in a Special Program.
- Call Care Coordination at 1-833-464-7768 (TTY 1- 833-889-6446), and select the options for Rapid Response/Care Coordination.
- Send a secure email, and someone will respond shortly, Monday through Friday.
- Your PCP (primary care provider), specialist, or other health care provider may also talk to you about becoming a part of the program. They can call us to have you join.
- We may see from your health history that you might benefit from the program. We will send you information in the mail about what to do to enroll in the program.
How to leave a program
You can tell us on the phone or in writing if you no longer want to be a part of a program.
- Call: 1-833-464-7768 (TTY 1- 833-889-6446) and select the options for Rapid Response/Care Coordination.
Leaving a program will not change your benefits. It will also not change the way AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio treats you.
If you have any questions about our special care coordination programs, or do not want to be a part of these programs, please call us at 1-833-464-7768 (TTY 1- 833-889-6446), and select the options for Rapid Response/Care Coordination.