For trips farther than 30 miles
If you must travel 30 miles or more from your home to receive covered health care services, AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio will provide transportation to and from the provider's office. Please call 1-833-664-6368 at least 48 hours in advance of the trip. You may also call our Member Services line to speak with someone who can assist with scheduling transportation by calling 1-833-764-7700 (TTY 1-833-889-6446).
For trips shorter than 30 miles
If traveling less than 30 miles from your home you can get transportation for certain services through the local county department of job and family services (CDJFS) Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) program. You may contact your county department of job and family services for questions or assistance with NET services.
AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio provides a supplemental transportation benefit that covers up to 60 one-way trips per member per year for provider visits less than 30 miles.
If you have an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
How to schedule a trip, and how to advise of special needs (walker, no phone, ring bell, use back entrance, etc.).
You may call our transportation vendor directly at 1-833-664-6368. Or, call AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio Member Services at 1-833-764-7700 (TTY 1-833-889-6446).
- Please call to schedule transportation at least 48 hours before your scheduled medical visit.
- Exceptions for advance notice include urgent member needs (like same-day or next-day urgent appointments) and hospital discharges.
- Please have the full address of the health care provider’s office you plan to visit.
- Please let the call center representative know of any special needs for transportation. This could be any device used to assist with walking, a wheelchair, instructions about which entrance to use or how to contact you, etc.
- If you need a car seat, notify the call center representative. The member must provide the car seat and be able to install and uninstall the car seat.
How to file a complaint
If you want to file a complaint about transportation, you may call Member Services at 1-833-764-7700 (TTY 1-833-889-6446).
To cancel or reschedule a trip
To cancel or reschedule a trip, call our transportation vendor, MTM, directly at 1-833-664-6368. Or call Member Services at 1-833-764-7700 (TTY 1-833-889-6446) at least 24 hours before your appointment.