OhioRISE (Resilience Through Integrated Systems and Excellence) is a managed care program for youth with behavioral health needs. In addition to the behavioral health services already available through Medicaid, OhioRISE offers the following services:
- Care coordination determined by the CANS assessment
- Your managed care organization will also be included in your care coordination
- Intensive home-based treatment (IHBT)
- Mobile response and stabilization services (MRSS)
- Behavioral health respite
- Wraparound supports
- Psychiatric residential treatment facility (PRTF) services: Available January 2023
Members enrolled in the OhioRISE program will also keep their managed care enrollment for the physical health benefit.
To be eligible, members must be:
- Enrolled in Ohio Medicaid
- Under the age of 21
- Meet a functional needs threshold for behavioral healthcare, as identified by the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) assessment
If you would like assistance to obtain a CANS assessment to determine eligibility for OhioRISE please contact our Rapid Response and Outreach Team at 1-833-464-7768 or via email and request referral for CANS Assessment.
The CANS assessment will be scheduled with a certified CANS Assessor within 72 hours after the referral is submitted. The CANS assessment will be completed 10 days after scheduling with a certified CANS assessor. The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) will determine OhioRISE program eligibility 2 business days after the assessment is submitted to ODM.
For more information on OhioRISE services, please contact Aetna Better Health of Ohio Member Services at 1-833-711-0773.