Provider Advisory Council
The Provider Advisory Council is the external stakeholder arm for participating providers to give input to AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio. The council reports to the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Committee (QAPIC).
The primary responsibilities of the Provider Advisory Council are to:
- Provide input and recommendations to AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio about quality aspects and activities of the plan to improve member well-being through healthy behaviors and disease prevention and self-management of chronic conditions.
- Gain input to help develop evidence-based interventions to help improve care for members.
- Meet NCQA accreditation requirement for participating provider input and feedback, including review of clinical criteria and clinical practice guidelines.
The council includes the following members:
- AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio Chief Executive Officer or Chief Medical Officer, who serves as the chairperson
- A minimum of six to ten external members from the provider community
- The following AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio associates:
- Director, Practice Transformation
- Director, Provider Network Operations
- Director, Behavior Health
- Director, Provider Network & Value-based Contracting
- Director, Population Health & Integrated Care Management
- Director, Provider Network Management
- Director, Marketing & Communications
- Director, Quality Operations
The council will meet at least four times each year, scheduled on a quarterly basis.
Meeting dates and agendas
If you have suggestions for agenda items or are interested in participating, please email email@example.com.