Your Rights and Responsibilities
AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio works to make sure all of our members get the care, respect, and dignity they deserve. Here’s how.
- Complaints, grievances, and appeals.
If you have a problem with your care that we can't fix, you can file a grievance.
- State fair hearings.
If you're not happy about an appeal outcome, you can request a state fair hearing.
- Your rights as an AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio member.
You have rights as one of our members. Read this list carefully.
- Our dedication to quality.
We take steps to help make sure your healthcare is always excellent.
- Your responsibilities as an AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio member and how you can help us.
Stay informed and keep us updated about your health.
- Advance directives.
Learn how to make important choices about your care ahead of time in case you can't later.
- Report fraud, waste and abuse.
Report Medicaid fraud. It is the law.
- Leaving the plan (disenrollment).
Learn how to leave (disenroll) from AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio.
- Online personal health records.
Take control of your health. Keep an online file of all of your health records.
- Member and Family Advisory Council
We want your advice and feedback. Join the Member and Family Advisory Council to make your voice heard.