Your Care Manager or Care Manager Plus
Managing your health care alone can be hard, especially if you are dealing with many health problems at the same time. If you need extra support to get and stay healthy, we can help. As a member of AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio, you may have a Care Manager on your health care team.
A Care Manager is a specially trained health professional who works with you and your doctors to help make sure you get the right care when and where you need it.
Your Care Manager or Care Manager Plus can:
- Help coordinate your appointments and help arrange for transportation to and from your doctor.
- Support you in reaching your goals to better manage your ongoing health conditions.
- Answer questions about your medicines.
- Follow up with your doctors or specialists about your care.
- Connect you to helpful resources in your community.
- Communicate with the OhioRISE Plan, the Care Coordination Entity (CCE), and other providers (such as PCPs, specialists, or labs) to coordinate care as needed.
- Help members who may live in stressful situations or have certain health conditions or disabilities.
To learn more about how you get can extra support to manage your health, talk to your PCP or call the Rapid Response and Outreach Team at 1-833-464-7768 (TTY 1- 833-889-6446).